The 14th Annual Riverton Heritage Harvest Festival will be held in Riverton and surrounds on the weekend of the 25th and 26th March 2023.
Celebrating Southland's Home Harvest
The Riverton Heritage Harvest festival is so wholesome, you could serve it up on a plate at a country picnic.
Join us for a weekend of workshops, displays, demonstrations, and harvest festivities for all ages!
This year's festival will feature:
- Herbalist Stephen Parker, who will be offering an opportunity to get to know the herbs
around you and ways that you can use them.
- Permaculture and Orchard design specialist Jason Ross, who will be leading workshops on how to plan
and care for orchards and edible gardens to ensure a plentiful harvest.
- Local fermenting expert Evita Shen, who will be sharing some ways she transforms her harvest into
fermented goodness and will share her recipe for successful sourdough bread.
- A Country Mouse Market for wee ones
- A trip around Western Southland, exploring the Longwood Loop community
food resilience project with Robyn Guyton
- A pre-festival foraging field trip with Peter Langlands
Book now into festival workshops, events and forest garden tours
Put aside the best of your harvest to display in the festival hall
Bring along a plate of food to share to the Friday night Pot-luck Dinner
Join us for a Community Harvest Dinner on Saturday night
Entry to the festival is by donation
(Suggested $5 adults, $2 children)